What’s stopping you?
Or perhaps the question should be, “Who’s stopping you?”
As hard as it may be to accept, we are the ones who most hamper our own progress. Generally speaking it’s not intentional, and we frequently don’t know we’re doing it, but trust me, we are. I do it. You do it, and probably most everyone on the planet does it to some degree.
Here’s a few ways we hamper our own progress:
- Procrastination – humming and hawing, but never making a decision
- Filling our time – “I don’t have time” is a common thing I hear from clients
- Numbing – eating, shopping, drinking, playing video games, getting lost in Facebook Land
- Worrying about what others think
- Comparing ourselves with others
- Listening to the critical voice in our head, and believing it
I could fill the page with different ways we keep ourselves stuck in a limited situation. It’s okay, we’re human, it’s what we do. The good news is that we don;t have to keep doing what we’ve always done; particularly if we want different results.
In this week’s Beyond Beliefs I offer three simple tools that will help you get out of your own way, and move in the direction of your dreams.
Click here to listen to this week’s show.